Overseas students are allowed to come back!
Updated: Feb 3, 2021
Government has announced that 1000 overseas students might come back to continue their studies in New Zealand. The recovery plan will start in April this year. To be eligible for this border exception, students must:
- hold, or have held a visa to study in 2020
- be studying towards a bachelor’s degree level or above qualification
- have studied in New Zealand in 2019 or 2020 toward their current qualification
- be returning to study with their current provider
- need to be in-country to complete their study